DEPARTMENT OF BOTANY
YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT: 1957 | 2002: HONOURS
|Designation||Name & Qualification
|Assistant Professor||Dr. Illora Sen, M.Sc., PH.D.
|Assistant Professor||Dr. Suchhanda Ghosh, M.Sc., PH.D.
|Assistant Professor||Smt. Anasua Das, M.Sc., B.Ed.
|Assistant Professor(CFT)||Dr. Raikamal Pal, M.Sc., PH.D
|Guest Lecturer||Smt. Sanjana Ghosh, M.Sc., B.Ed.
|Guest Lecturer||Smt. Aparna Roy, M.Sc.
|Guest Lecturer||Smt. Shreya Chaudhuri, M.Sc.
|DEPARTMENTAL HIGHLIGHTS||• Consistent good academic results with university ranks
2010 – 6th
2013 – 3rd
2015 – 1st
2017 – 10th
2018 – 6th
2019 – 8th ranked.
• Regular seminar,webinar,e talk,workshop,special lectures organized by department with eminent resource person from specific and relevant field.
Programmes/webinars/workshops/conferences/special lectures oragnized by the department
|ALUMNI||The department of Botany holds a prestigious legacy of alumni with consistent good University result and several university ranks including a First Class First (Sonal Sachdev 2015). All our students have been sincere and committed having aptitude for academic and extracurricular activities. Many of our students are well placed in different academic and administrative profession.
• Students placed as Faculty and Post-Doctoral Fellow in International Institutes and Universities like Florida, Alabama (USA); Illinois (Canada); Nigeria
• Many awarded PH. D in respective specialized branch of plant science
• Students also heading InternationalMarketing Enterpriseand Corporate sectors
• Student Working as International Social development Expert and Applied Academics Consultant
• Many qualified UGC/CSIR NET and pursuing research in reputed institutes
• A 2007 batch alumnus placed in Indian Army through NDA
• Many well placed in Government sectors; NGO, Reputed Schools,Content writer in Publishing Houses, Corporate and Banking sectors
Some of the illustrious alumni are enumerated below:
• Jayeeta Saha -Session : 2006-2009 -Faculty in Biological Science, Baze University, Nigeria
• Samiha Alam – Session : 2006-2009 -Head of Enterprise Account Partnerships (SEA), Apps FlyerBangkok, Bangkok City, Thailand
• Tanushree Agarwal -Session : 2007-2010 -Present Designation: Research Associate at University of Calcutta, Department of Botany; Resource Person in Botany at Diamond Harbor Women’s University
• Dr. Asmita Paul – Session : 2010-2012 -First Class 2nd in B.Sc. Botany (Shri Shikshayatan College),First Class First in M.Sc. Botany (C.U), Awarded Ph.D from Calcutta University in April,2022, Current status -National Post Doctoral Fellow at IISER KOLKATA
• Sonal Sachdev – Session : 2012-2015 -First Class Ist in Botany (Shri Shikshayatan College) First Class First in Botany M.Sc. (C.U), Senior Research Fellow,Division of Plant Biology, Bose Institute, Kolkata
• Shabnam Bandyopadhyaya – Session : 2014-2017 -Gold medallist Forestry from Forest Research Institute, Dehradun, Herbarium Preservationist, NH, Botanical Survey of INDIA
• Samhita Mukhopadhyay – Session : 2015-2018 -Ph.D. student at Center of excellence in fungal research, Mae Fah Luang University, Chiang Rai, Thailand.
• Swarnali Chatterjee – Session 2016-2019 -Ph.D. Student, Graduate Teaching Assistant The University of Alabama, Department of Biological SciencesDivision of Cell and Molecular Biology