WildRoots, registered as a Non-Profit Society to foster Environmental Awareness, Bio-Diversity & Conservation Education, have been able to execute small but significant projects across the country. Being a member of the IUCN-CEC – Commission on Education and Communication,
Citizen Science Programme had a really good start with enthusiastic Student Participants from Shri Shikshayatan College, Kolkata, West Bengal.
As a part of the initial activities, the students have –
- Conducted a Survey and have recorded observations and scientific data at the Chintamoni Kar Bird Sanctuary and different locations of Kolkata such as Rajarhat, Saltlake, East Kolkata Wetlands, etc.
- Also conducted observation based survey at the Santragachi Waterbody particularly focusing on Migratory Birds and Effects of Rapid Urbanization causing significant amount of habitat loss.
World Atlas has featured our organization and have highlighted our efforts of connecting the Rural and Urban Educational Institutions, through a Community Connection programme, that we had designed, executed and documented during the period 2018-2020.
- South Asian Institute for Advanced Research and Development (SAIARD), has been formed with broad objectives and visions to spread the arena of research throughout the world, to hold the hands of those who are primarily fond for education, to empower the people through various academic modes as well as to serve the nation for its all-round development.
- SAIARD offers Internships ( both offline and online) for students through out the year. The Training and Capacity building wing is an unique platform for students to get hans on training for GIS related courses.
- Students of department of Geography were involved in socio economic survey on Post Doctoral project titled” Asthma Predictability Index among children with atopic parents and its relation to air pollution in and around Kolkata, West Bengal.