Anti Ragging Cell
|Ragging is strictly prohibited in the college premises. Instances of ragging will be dealt with seriously by the anti-ragging cell.|
Based on the orders of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, in 2009, UGC vide its letter no. F.1-16/2007 (CPP-II) dated June 17, 2009, has directed that any kind of ragging is strictly prohibited in higher education institutes.
Forms of Ragging:
- Display of noisy, disorderly conduct, teasing, excitement by rough or rude treatment or handling, including rowdy, indisciplined activities which cause or likely to cause discomfort, undue hardship, physical or psychological harm or raise apprehensive fear in a fresher.
- Asking the students to do any act or perform something which cause him/her shame or embarrassment or danger to his/her life.
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or fresher.
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic task assigned to an individual or group.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden.
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person.
- Any act of abuse by spoken words, emails, posts that cause discomfort to a fresher
- Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher
- Suspension from attending classes/duties for a stipulated period of time
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship/freeship and other benefits
- Withholding results for sometime
- Debarring from representing the Institution in any academic platform/forum
- Cancellation of admission depending on the severity of the offence
- Collaborating and communicating with the parents of the offender
- Providing counselling support
Incidents of ragging should be reported in writing to any of the following members of the Complaints Cell, Shri Shikshayatan College, 11, Lord Sinha Road, Kolkata – 700071.
Dr. Aditi Dey, Principal
Dr. Indrani Saha, In Charge – Evening Section
Dr. Susmita Gupta, Dept. Of Geography
Sri. Subir Chakraborty, Dept. Of Journalism and Mass Communications
Smt. Sanchita Roy Choudhury, Dept. of Commerce, Morning