Internal Complaints Committee
Sexual Harassment within the Campus:
|Based on the Vishaka Guidelines by the Hon’ble Supreme Court in 2010, Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, Commonly Sexual Harassment Act was passed at the Legislative Assembly on December 9, 2013. The college authorities provide a mechanism to redress grievances pertaining to sexual harassment within the college premises.|
Forms of Sexual Harassment:
- Any unwelcome sexually determined acts or behaviour (whether directly or by implication) such as physical contact and advances, demand or request for sexual favours, sexually coloured remarks, showing pornography, or any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of sexual nature.
- The presence or occurrence of circumstances of implied or explicit promise of preferential treatment, threat of detrimental treatment, interference with work or creating an intimidating or offensive or hostile work environment, or humiliating treatment likely to effect a persons’ health or safety.
- Regular orientation / sensitisation programmes towards awareness of laws, safety guidelines in college and means of seeking redress in case of harassment
- Regular tracking of reported incidents of sexual harassment and disposal of incidents with detailed records.
- Frequent meetings among members, on policy execution and reporting.
- Reports to be included in summarized format in the Annual Report
Actions to Be Taken:
- Maintaining active mobile helpline and/or email, direct connectable personnel for lodging of complaints.
- Keeping detailed record of complaint lodged, nature of investigation and final outcome of disposal / redress.
- Counselling records of victim.
- Redress of complaints by verbal or formal warnings, suspension or dismissal, even invoking the police and local stakeholders if necessary.
Incidents of sexual harassment should be reported in writing to any of the following members of the Complaints Cell, Shri Shikshayatan College, 11, Lord Sinha Road, Kolkata – 700071.
Dr. Indrani Saha (Presiding Officer)
Dr. Susmita Gupta (Teacher Member)
Shri Subir Chakraborty (Teacher Member)
Smt. Vijayashree Panda (Member from NTS)
Smt. Dipika Tarafdar (College Counsellor)
Smt. Sanjana Shalini (Student, B.Com. Morning, Sem VI)
Smt. Chhanda Das (Retired Principal. Educator and Counsellor – An external Member from NGO)