The college has an air conditioned computerized open access library with a collection of about 42,000 books apart from various journals, magazines and news papers. The General Library has internet facilities for the students. In addition there is a Seminar Library in each Honours department for ready access to books. A Book Bank facility is also available for the underprivileged students of the college.A measure of its impact on academic activities may be gained by noting that it caters to the needs of more than 3000 readers. The rapid evolution of information and communication technology in the learning field imposes,supports and stimulates the re-engineering of the library.Our library has changed in past few years and ever new ways of creating,storing,organizing, and providing information have been evolved.Our college has responded to modern methods of learning by using software and other library resources. The library remains responsible for acquiring or providing access to books,periodicals and other media that meet the educational and informational needs of its users in a stimulating,scholarly environment conducive to academic pursuits.
Library is housed on the ground floor of the main building of the college.The total area of the library is 4200 sq.ft.
Library Hours : 07:30A.M. to 5:00 P.M. (Mon. to Fri.) 9:00 A.M to 2:00 P.M.(Sat.)
The services of the following sections of the College Library will remain open , as below :
- Lending Section (Issue & Return) : 9 A.M. -4:30 P.M. (Mon to Fri) , 9 A.M. – 2.00 P.M. (Sat)
- Reading Room : 7.30 A.M. -5 P.M.(Mon. to Fri.) , 9.00 A.M. -2.00 P.M. (Sat)
- Photocopying Service : ( Mon to Fri) 9.00 A.M. – 1.15 P.M. (Time of Placing Requisition), 2.00 P.M. – 4.00 P.M. (Time of Delivery)
- Property Counter : 7.30 A.M. – 5.00P.M. (Mon to Fri) , 9.00 A.M. – 2.00 P.M. (Sat)
- College Identity Card (Library card) is compulsory for all users. This card is strictly non- transferable.
- Carrying of bags, folders, personal books or any printed materials, laptop, palmtop,walkman, food articles are strictly prohibited in the library. Mobile phones must be switched off before entering the library.
- Students will maintain perfect silence and order inside the library. Anybody found sleeping, talking aloud, sitting in an improper manner and violating the general rules of the Library conduct shall expose herself to severe penalties.
- Group discussion or any kind of class meeting is not allowed in the library.
- Users are requested to leave the books/documents on the reading table after consultation
- An issued book can be brought to the library only for renewal or returning.
- Internet facilities are available in the library and students are to follow the rules specified by the librarian for using the facility.
- Students may borrow books for a period of 10 days. In case of delay in returning, a fine of Re.1/- per day per book will be charged. Books may be recalled at any time by the Librarian.
- Borrower herself should come for issue as well as return of books.
- Books once issued for lending will not be allowed to be kept inside the library and must be shown to the security before leaving.
- Reference books, books marked as Library copy (L), current and back volumes of journals can not be lent out.
- Books once issued will not be returned on the same day.
- Members must satisfy themselves whether the books are in good condition, before they leave the counter. If any damage is noticed, the same must be immediately intimated. Otherwise they will be held responsible for any damage.
- Any damage, disfigurement or loss of a library book will have to be compensated by replacement of the latest edition of the book within a week, or in case of unavailability, by the payment of the current price of the book. If the book is one of a set or series they may be called upon to replace the whole set or series.
- Books on display shall be issued only after a specified period.
- During power/system failure the library services will be suspended.
- A book issued may be renewed only once provided there is no demand placed against it.
- A Library clearance is to be obtained before taking a University examination or terminating connection with the college.
PRIVILEGES OF MEMBERS
The library is for the use of bonafide students of the institution,faculties and staff Members.
Category of Member Number of Volume Loan Period Student 3 10 days Teaching Staff 20 2 months Non teaching Staff 4 1 month
- Centrally Air-conditioned Library
- Baggage Counter
- Computerised Entry and Exit
- Close Circuit Camera
- Separate Study Room for faculty members
- Grievance Box
- Lending,Renewal & Reservation
- Current Awareness Services
- Bibliography of new additions
- Display of new arrivals
- Newspaper clippings
- Career guidance
- Information Technology
- Management Research
- Marketing Management
- Indian economic and social history review
- Asian journal of Management Cases
- Global journal of emerging market economics
- Journal of human values
With the advancement of Information and Communication Technologies, the library also extended its acquisition and service dimension towards ICT based resources.
- It has INFLIBNET (NLIST) facility for accessing 6000+ ejournals and 97000+ ebooks and the number is increasing regularly from the year 2010.
- Participating national network through DELNET
- Book Talk
- Book Exhibition
- User Orientation